Sunday, November 16, 2008

Open Faced Tuna Melts

Tonight's dinner consisted of open faced tuna melts. It is obviously a very simple meal but I love this recipe because it is slightly different from your average tuna sandwich.

2 cans 6 oz tin in water (drained and flaked)
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup of chopped celery
2 T chopped onion
pepper to taste
cheese slices
5 slices of bread (or english muffins)

I am going to write the directions as my gramma wrote them and then I will tell you how i do things differently...
Place tuna in a bowl-add celery, onion. Stir in may and mix well. Season with black pepper. Lightly toast bread (or english muffin) and spread with butter. Divide tuna among muffins and top each with cheese. Place on baking sheet broil until cheese melts. Serve hot.
(I wanted to note that I dont toast or butter my bread before using.) I broil on high for a few minutes. Be sure to keep a close eye on your bread because the cheese melts and then browns very quickly. I think the celery is a great addition to tuna sandwiches.

No comments: